Monday, June 4, 2007

Summer for teachers

It is 11:30 and well, I should be in bed. But hey, I am a teacher and there is no school tomorrow! Some people complain about teachers and how little we work, but that is because they are jealous. I thought about pursuing another career at one point, but once I realized I only get 10 vacation days PER YEAR (and not just for Christmas) I decided to suck it up.

Also, the "little we work" is so bogus. I don't know many teachers that actually stop working at the final bell. I am not going to mention teacher pay, since that would be beating a dead horse.
(On a side note, I kinda enjoy it when politicians are trying to bail themselves out and give out teacher raises. Thanks Fletcher!)

At least my kids are happy to have their momma home for the summer.

No comments: