Monday, June 25, 2007

Home at Last

Greetings to all! We made it back safe and sound. Though the flight back was a pain. It was 13 hours and we had to make 2 connections. (If anyone can explain how Charlotte, NC and Las Vegas are on the way to Alaska I would love it!) Not to mention us being up for almost 20 hours.

Speaking of time, I am all screwed up! In Alaska, there truly is no dark. At midnight, there was still twilight. Here is a picture I took at 10pm. I also took a picture of my watch. (I will spare you of that.) I was sleep deprived half the time because I went to bed too late. I am used to going to bed when the sun goes down. Not a good idea in Alaska.


Now that I am back, I am still messed up. Besides the fact it is dark outside....so strange....it is technically only 8pm in Alaska. (midnight in KY) Also, Jason and I were so tired that we slept for 5 hours when we got home. The good news is that I don't have to go to work tomorrow. I can't say the same for Jason. :-( Needless to say, I am wide awake. I am still weired out by the dark.

The cats were very happy to see Mommy and Daddy. Jewel was very vocal with her greeting, Shadrack was still under the bed. Jewel actually went under the bed to "tell" Shadrack it was us and he came out. We then gave them their presents: Two Alaskan Catnip pillows. Shadrack has already messed with his. Jewel was ok with it, but she blew it off to sleep with us. (I don't think she feels well. I might have to take her to the vet.)

No comments: