Tuesday, June 5, 2007

The History of Jewel




Jewel is MY cat. I say MY because she does not like her dad. We got her when she was only 9 months old. (We thought she was a year, but then we got papers from the city saying she was born in september.) She loved her mom and her "soon-to-be" dad. (We were not married, so she was a bastard kitty.) Everything was happy. However, my husband wanted his OWN cat. So we got a little kitten named Arnold. (Which we thought was an awful cat name and changed it to Shadrack.)
Now my loving husband wanted to make sure the newest member of the house felt welcomed. He neglected Jewel. I couldn't stand a little kitten with sharp claws, so I loved on Jewel even more. The rest is history. Jewel loves her momma. She talks to me, complains about Dad, purrs with me, yells at me when I am outside....etc. She only lets Jason hold her when I am around OR if I am literally gone for several days she warms up to him.

I will keep you updated on Jewel.




Jewel is playing with an Alaskan catnip toy.

No comments: