Sunday, July 1, 2007

Fireworks!!

Come one, come all to my fireworks tent! Yes, it is that time of year when I sit in a tent for a week and sell fireworks. It is easy money and I get to pretend to be a smooth talking sales man with nothing at stake. The only downside is that I don't get to enjoy the fireworks on the 4th since I have to work 16 hours. :-(

Feel free to come by. I am in front of the Highland Cleaners across from the Summit. (Make sure you come after 4 since I do the night shift.) I do give good deals to people I know. I might have a show in my driveway sometime after the 4th. I know it defeats the purpose, but Jason needs to be able to blow things up at least once a year.

My recommendations:

Jumping Jelly Bean
Run Like Hell
Shoot the Works
Cu-Cou* (I can't spell.)
Killer bees*

To be honest, I don't really like the last two, but people seem to love them. I hate the loud noises.

Ones to avoid:

Sydney Harbor
Royal Flush

These were MAJOR disappointments for the price. The Sydney is $17.99!!

I do get tired of explaining to people that Kentucky sucks b/c they do not allow the "cool" ones. (ie Roman candles and firecrackers) Though it is all about perspective. People from New York and Utah are so excited b/c ALL fireworks are illegal. People from Texas and Tennessee get mad b/c our fireworks are lame. (Then I give them a $3 free firework coupon for the tent in Indiana and try to sell them Pop-Its and Sparklers.) Can you believe that people will spend HUNDREDS of dollars on fireworks?! It puts the true meaning to "burning money." Just tonight I sold a guys $80 of fireworks. Not that I mind since part of my check is commission, but I can think of much better things to do with $80. (It gets almost 2 games for the Nintendo Wii. See future blog for that.)

I am going to bed. It is hard to hit the sack at a decent hour when you get home at midnight. (Not to mention the diet coke I had a 8pm.)

No comments: